Alopecia, Mold-Depression Connection, Deep Sleep Science, Healthy Snacks + How Meditation Helps Your Brain (Ask Me Anything Episode! Special Guests: Functional Medicine Team)
Click An Icon Below To Subscribe
In this week’s bonus episode, I sit down with members of my functional medicine team for a discussion on the latest hot topics - starting with an Oscars night that will be remembered for years. By understanding what alopecia is, the different kinds of alopecia, triggers, and symptoms, we can begin to understand how those diagnosed with this condition are physically and emotionally impacted.. We also look at the negative effect mold has on depression and our mental health as a whole, how to get deep restorative sleep, unhealthy ingredients we should avoid in our snacks and how meditation helps brain health.
A few of my favorite things we cover this episode:
- A deep-dive into what an Alopecia diagnosis looks like and some of the frequent symptoms those with this autoimmune connection may suffer from
- The correlation between mold exposure and our mental health and how to address some of the commonly linked anxiety-driven markers
- Some of the ingredients we should be looking out for when we’re indulging on our healthy snacks
- How sleeping with your lights on at night may have an imperative effect on your body’s insulin levels
- The art of meditation and what frequent practice looks like in regards to progressing positive bodily mindfulness and wellness
Links to things we talked about in this episode:
- Dr. Perlmutter's AOBW episode
- Sweetpotato Awesome Chips
- Simple Mills
- The Peloton App
- The benefits of forest bathing for our health and brains
- The Five Minute Journal
- publicgoods.com/willcole or use code WILLCOLE at checkout for $15 off your first public goods order
- Oseamalibu.com code WILLCOLE for 10% off your first order
- Justthrivehealth.com code WILLCOLE for 15% off
- Cariuma.com/beingwell to get 15% off
Happy listening and we hope you learned a little bit more about the Art of Being Well!
If you like what you hear please rate and review the podcast, hit subscribe, and pass it along to a friend.
Make Your Life a Cleanse
SUBSCRIBER-ONLY GUIDES FOR GUT HEALTH, VIBRANT ENERGY, HEALTHY FOOD & CLEAN ALCOHOL
Get FREE access to these + giveaways, recipes, & discount codes (including 50% off code for video courses) in personal emails from Dr. Will Cole
Start Your Health Journey Today
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE CONSULTATIONS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
View More At Our Store
Purchase personally curated supplements
and Dr. Will Cole’s books!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Our content may include products that have been independently chosen and recommended by Dr. Will Cole and our editors. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.
BY DR. WILL COLE
Dr. Will Cole, IFMCP, DNM, DC, leading functional medicine expert, consults people around the world via webcam and locally in Pittsburgh. He received his doctorate from Southern California University of Health Sciences and post doctorate education and training in functional medicine and clinical nutrition. He specializes in clinically researching underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. Dr. Cole was named one of the top 50 functional medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is the best selling author of Ketotarian and The Inflammation Spectrum.