Gwyneth Paltrow x Dr. Will Cole: Intuitive Eating, Intermittent Fasting, Inflammation + The Future Of Functional Medicine
Click An Icon Below To Subscribe
Join me this week as I sit down and talk with the incomparable Gwyneth Paltrow for a not-to-be-missed intimate conversation between friends. Gwyneth shares how I helped her on her personal health journey and exactly what her functional medicine protocol looks like. We talk all about the new book Intuitive Fasting (in which GP wrote the foreword), melding the seemingly paradoxical worlds of intuitive eating and intermittent fasting. We also talk in detail about functional medicine, labs, autoimmune disorders, inflammation and gut health.
A few of my favorite things we cover this episode:
- The “why” behind my newest book: Intuitive Fasting
- How I helped Gwyneth to “reset her health” and develop the functional medicine protocol for her healing journey
- Week one of the Intuitive Fasting Meal Plan – The Body Reset Week
- The science of fasting and the health benefits that can happen
- Metabolic flexibility and what it means to be burning sugar or burning fat for fuel
- The topic of brain fog and what drives it
- How immune health and metabolic health are intertwined
- The importance of the gut microbiome and how long it can take to heal
- The labs to look into for optimal health and wellness
- How female hormones may be altered when there is inflammation
- How Intuitive Fasting can help us reset our health and tune into our hunger
Links to things we talked about in this episode:
- My newest book – Intuitive Fasting
- Metabolic Flexibility Quiz – Learn how metabolically flexible you are!
Happy listening and we hope you learned a little bit more about the art of being well!
If you like what you hear please rate and review the podcast, hit subscribe, and pass it along to a friend.
Dr. Will Cole
Start Your Health Journey Today
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE CONSULTATIONS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
View More At Our Store
Purchase personally curated supplements
and Dr. Will Cole’s books!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Our content may include products that have been independently chosen and recommended by Dr. Will Cole and our editors. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.
BY DR. WILL COLE
Dr. Will Cole, DNM, IFMCP, DC is a leading functional medicine expert who consults people around the globe, starting one of the first functional medicine telehealth centers in the world. Named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the nation, Dr. Will Cole provides a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. He is the host of the popular The Art Of Being Well podcast and the New York Times bestselling author of Intuitive Fasting, Ketotarian, The Inflammation Spectrum and the brand new book Gut Feelings: Healing the Shame-Fueled Relationship Between What You Eat and How You Feel.