Dr. Sara Gottfried: Orgasmic Meditation, Low Testosterone, Fasting For Hormones + Trauma-Autoimmune Connection
Click An Icon Below To Subscribe
In this week's episode, I sat down with world-renowned integrative medicine physician and multiple New York Times bestselling author Dr. Sara Gottfried to dive into the relationship between hormones, metabolic health and mental-emotional wellbeing. From trapped trauma to chronic stress, we see just how much these non-physical triggers play a role in hormone problems, gut dysfunction, and more. We also the impact wellness trends like intermittent fasting, psychedelics, and orgasmic meditation can have on your health - for better or for worse. If you are ready to heal, physically and emotionally you don't want to miss any part of this week's episode.
SARA GOTTFRIED, MD, is a hormone expert, a Harvard-educated physician-scientist, and a clinical assistant professor in the department of integrative medicine and nutritional sciences at SidneyKimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University. She is the New York Times best-sellingauthor of three previous books, including The Hormone Cure. She lives in Moraga, California.
A few of my favorite things we cover this episode:
- A look into the frequent symptoms of various hormonal problems and some of the top reasons these issues may be afflicting your microbiome
- How our mental and emotional ventures release a powerful impact among our physical wellbeing
- How intermittent fasting should look like differently in men and women
- How the consumption of certain carbohydrates can prove beneficial to our gut microbiome health
- A look into the research and future of medicinal psychedelics for our health and how they can be used to target and help heal past trauma
- The fascinating healing behind orgasmic meditation and how this careful practice can allow you to tap into your stressors and release trapped trauma
Links to things we talked about in this episode:
- Dr. Gottfried’s website
- Intuitive Fasting
- The Hormone Cure
- How to Change Your Mind
- True Food Kitchen
- The French Laundry
- How to be an Antiracist
- The Freedom Transmissions
- Theouai.com code WILLCOLE to get 15% off your entire purchase
- Paleovalley.com code DRWILL for 15% off your order
- Athleticgreens.com/willcole for a free one year supply of vitamin D and to give AG1 a try
- Drinksound.com/drwillcole code WILL20 for 20% off
Happy listening and we hope you learned a little bit more about the Art of Being Well!
If you like what you hear please rate and review the podcast, hit subscribe, and pass it along to a friend.
Make Your Life a Cleanse
SUBSCRIBER-ONLY GUIDES FOR GUT HEALTH, VIBRANT ENERGY, HEALTHY FOOD & CLEAN ALCOHOL
Get FREE access to these + giveaways, recipes, & discount codes in personal emails from Dr. Will Cole.
Start Your Health Journey Today
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE CONSULTATIONS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
View More At Our Store
Purchase personally curated supplements
and Dr. Will Cole’s books!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Our content may include products that have been independently chosen and recommended by Dr. Will Cole and our editors. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.
BY DR. WILL COLE
Dr. Will Cole, DNM, IFMCP, DC is a leading functional medicine expert who consults people around the globe, starting one of the first functional medicine telehealth centers in the world. Named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the nation, Dr. Will Cole provides a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. He is the host of the popular The Art Of Being Well podcast and the New York Times bestselling author of Intuitive Fasting, Ketotarian, The Inflammation Spectrum and the brand new book Gut Feelings: Healing the Shame-Fueled Relationship Between What You Eat and How You Feel.