Ask Me Anything! Carnivore + Food Trends, Functional Medicine, Gut Health, Supplements, Autoimmunity, Alcohol and Hormones
Click An Icon Below To Subscribe
You’ve asked for it - and we’re providing it! In this exciting bonus episode, I sit down with one of my lead Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioners, Megan, for a behind-the-scenes look at a busy functional medicine telehealth center (and one of the first in the world!). We answer your burning health questions on food trends, supplements, gut microbiome health, autoimmunity, inflammation, mold (mycotoxin) illness, hormone labs, all things functional medicine and even healthy alcohol consumption. We also dive into a patient case review, for you to get a deep dive perspective of a functional medicine approach to reclaiming your health.
Megan received her Masters of Health Sciences from the University of Pittsburgh with a concentration in Exercise Science and Chronic Disease. She is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and has multiple years of clinic training under Dr. Cole. Megan works with patients through nutritional counseling, individual lab analysis, fitness visits and a variety of other health optimization topics. When not in the office, she enjoys traveling, spending time in the city with her friends, and going on runs with her husband and dog.
A few of my favorite things we cover this episode:
- What the carnivore diet consists of + how you can introduce the right foods to heal your microbiome
- The common questions ruminating around safely implementing alcohol into your diet
- Some of my favorite hormone lab tests and which tests I recommend from a functional medicine perspective
- The frequent questions revolving around functional medicine affordability and prioritization
- The differences between individualized concierge care and our larger group model
- What a personal case review looks like and some of the common symptoms we see affecting our patient’s health
Links to things we talked about in this episode:
- The Inflammation Spectrum
- Intuitive Fasting
- Dry Farms Wine
- www.DrinkLMNT.com/artofbeingwell to claim your free sample pack for the cost of shipping.
- www.Publicgoods.com/WILLCOLE for $15 off your first order.
- www.Paleovalley.com with code DRWILL for 15% off your order.
- www.Livonlabs.com/well for a free sample pack of all six products plus a free shot glass and free shipping in the continental U.Ss with any Lypo-Spheric supplement order.
Happy listening and we hope you learned a little bit more about the art of being well!
If you like what you hear please rate and review the podcast, hit subscribe, and pass it along to a friend.
Dr. Will Cole
Make Your Life a Cleanse
SUBSCRIBER-ONLY GUIDES FOR GUT HEALTH, VIBRANT ENERGY, HEALTHY FOOD & CLEAN ALCOHOL
Get FREE access to these + giveaways, recipes, & discount codes (including 50% off code for video courses) in personal emails from Dr. Will Cole
Start Your Health Journey Today
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE CONSULTATIONS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
View More At Our Store
Purchase personally curated supplements
and Dr. Will Cole’s books!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Our content may include products that have been independently chosen and recommended by Dr. Will Cole and our editors. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.
BY DR. WILL COLE
Dr. Will Cole, IFMCP, DNM, DC, leading functional medicine expert, consults people around the world via webcam and locally in Pittsburgh. He received his doctorate from Southern California University of Health Sciences and post doctorate education and training in functional medicine and clinical nutrition. He specializes in clinically researching underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. Dr. Cole was named one of the top 50 functional medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is the best selling author of Ketotarian and The Inflammation Spectrum.