Riopy: Healing Frequencies Of Music, Physical Manifestations Of Trauma & How To Teach Yourself Anything
Click An Icon Below To Subscribe
In this episode I'm joined by French-born British pianist, Jean-Philippe Rio-Py, professionally known as Riopy. Growing up in a tumultuous environment, Riopy was always drawn to music and taught himself to play the piano at a young age. Finding it to be a great healing tool, Riopy shows us how we can move past trauma and facilitate healing through paying attention to our mind-body connection. From the importance of spirituality and meditation, the impact of his music on people's lives, to the way he expresses the full orchestra of life's emotions on the piano, this episode will change the way you view music in your daily life.
Jean-Philippe Riopy (RIOPY) is a French-English pianist and composer who rose to global prominence through his original compositions, without any formal musical training. After a difficult upbringing in rural France, RIOPY found both solace and success in the piano, going on to be named a prestigious Young Steinway Artist and gifted a piano by Coldplay's Chris Martin to support his work. His three albums, RIOPY, Tree of Light, and Bliss, have garnered over 550 million global streams in recent years and found particular resonance with listeners during the pandemic, who connected with RIOPY's exceptional ability to spread healing through music. RIOPY now lives in France with his wife and two children, and is setting out on his first U.S. tour this December, with stops in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
A few of my favorite things we cover this episode:
- The origins of his deep passion for music, and exactly how his journey began.
- How he used pain as fuel and a compulsion towards his craft.
- What it was like to grow up in a religious cult, and how this trauma helped him find his purpose in creating music.
- Finding and using music as a way to heal.
- The connection between teaching yourself music and teaching yourself anything in life.
- Meditation pro-tips and how a daily practice can drastically change your life.
- How stuck emotions and old trauma can manifest in the body.
- His views on spirituality and why he has an issue with the term “spiritual”.
- Stories of how his music has positively impacted the lives of others.
- The heaviness that often comes with being an empathetic person.
Links to things we talked about in this episode:
- CleanSimpleEats.com code WILLCOLE at checkout for 20% off your first order
- Insidetracker.com/artofbeingwell for 20% off the entire inside tracker store
- Visit airdoctorpro.com and use promo code WILLCOLE and depending on the model you'll receive UP TO 40% off
- Timelinenutrition.com/willcole code WILLCOLE for 10% off your first order of Mitopure
- Clearstemskincare.com code WILLCOLE for 15% off
Happy listening and we hope you learned a little bit more about the art of being well!
If you like what you hear please rate and review the podcast, hit subscribe, and pass it along to a friend.
Dr. Will Cole
Make Your Life a Cleanse
SUBSCRIBER-ONLY GUIDES FOR GUT HEALTH, VIBRANT ENERGY, HEALTHY FOOD & CLEAN ALCOHOL
Get FREE access to these + giveaways, recipes, & discount codes in personal emails from Dr. Will Cole.
Start Your Health Journey Today
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE CONSULTATIONS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
View More At Our Store
Purchase personally curated supplements
and Dr. Will Cole’s books!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Our content may include products that have been independently chosen and recommended by Dr. Will Cole and our editors. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.
BY DR. WILL COLE
Dr. Will Cole, DNM, IFMCP, DC is a leading functional medicine expert who consults people around the globe, starting one of the first functional medicine telehealth centers in the world. Named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the nation, Dr. Will Cole provides a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. He is the host of the popular The Art Of Being Well podcast and the New York Times bestselling author of Intuitive Fasting, Ketotarian, The Inflammation Spectrum and the brand new book Gut Feelings: Healing the Shame-Fueled Relationship Between What You Eat and How You Feel.