Delicious & Simple Clean Keto Diet Recipes
Ketotarian Compliant Nachos
- 2 medium zucchini
- 12 oz. shrimp or fish of choice
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon avocado oil, separated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Roma Tomato, ½ large diced and ½ finely diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 avocado, mashed
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ English Cucumber, diced
- ½ bell pepper of choice, diced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced (optional)
- 4 oz. Sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ¼ Cup Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
- The first step is to slice your zucchini about 1/8-inch thick with a knife, mandolin, or spiralizer and set on paper towels. Lightly dab with another paper towel to remove any excess water. Lay zucchini slices on single layer of baking sheet and lightly coat with 1 teaspoon avocado oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and bake for about 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees or until fully cooked and slightly crisp.
- While zucchini chips are baking, cook seafood of choice on a skillet with 1 tablespoon oil, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Shred fish or cut shrimp in small pieces. Shrimp is my favorite seafood, but any fish will work! If you are vegetarian or vegan, these nachos are still delicious without it as well!
- Mix finely diced tomato, ½ of the diced onion, mashed avocado, and lime juice in a separate bowl.
- Lay zucchini chips on a plate as you would nachos. Top with shrimp, cucumber, pepper, jalapeno, olives, sunflowers, avocado mixture made in step 3, and Ketotarian compliant ranch dressing – such as Primal Kitchen.
- Enjoy your Ketotarian Nachos!
This recipe makes 2-3 servings. If splitting into 2 servings, each serving has 47 grams of protein, 63.5 grams of fat, and 24 grams of net carbs.
Article continues below
Start Your Health Journey Today
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
Vegan Keto-Friendly Chocolate Mousse
- 2 avocados
- 3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips, chopped chocolate, or carob
- Stevia or monk fruit to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder or carob powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into individual containers like glass Mason jars.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve by itself or alongside strawberries for dipping!
Keto-Friendly Peppermint Mocha Recipe
During the holidays we all love to add a little cheer to our morning coffee. But if you are following a ketogenic diet (high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate), you might think you have to skip out on these delicious mix-ins.
With just a few simple high-fat and low-sugar substitutions, you can still enjoy a peppermint mocha during the holidays.
Yields 1 serving
- ½ cup coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup hot coffee
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon, or more, stevia or monk fruit to taste
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together coffee, dairy-free milk of choice, peppermint, cacao, MCT oil, and sweetener of choice.
- Stir until heated through and fully combined.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
- Optional: If you have a milk frother, froth to make more creamy and top with coconut whip for additional healthy fats if you desire.
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
It seems like everywhere you look there are pumpkin spice versions of all kinds of foods. Instead of reaching for a PSL (pumpkin spice latte) try this pumpkin spice smoothie!
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in blender, blend, and enjoy!
Shop This Article
Purchase personally curated supplements
and Dr. Will Cole’s books!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Our articles may include products that have been independently chosen and recommended by Dr. Will Cole and our editors. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.
BY DR. WILL COLE
Dr. Will Cole, IFMCP, DNM, DC, leading functional medicine expert, consults people around the world via webcam and locally in Pittsburgh. He received his doctorate from Southern California University of Health Sciences and post doctorate education and training in functional medicine and clinical nutrition. He specializes in clinically researching underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. Dr. Cole was named one of the top 50 functional medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is the best selling author of Ketotarian and The Inflammation Spectrum.
Subscribe to the Newsletter
FREE FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE GUIDE REVEALING 14 WAYS TO DETOX YOUR LIFE
Get FREE access to this exclusive guide + subscriber-only giveaways, healthy recipes + my plant-based keto food guide.