Tero Isokauppila: Medicinal Mushrooms, Adaptogens + Shamanic Santa
Click An Icon Below To Subscribe
This episode is going to change the way you look at mushrooms! I talk with my friend Tero, a nutritional expert with deep roots in Finland, a dedicated food activist, and founder of Four Sigmatic. We dive in about what adaptogens and medicinal mushrooms are, exactly what they can do for your health and how to find the highest quality food and supplements to optimize your energy, gut health, brain function, immune system, skin health and more.We even discuss how the traditions of Santa Claus are tied to medicinal mushrooms. Join us as we explore the fascinating origins and uses of adaptogens and medicinal mushrooms.
Tero Isokauppila is the Founder of Four Sigmatic, a functional foods company helping to elevate people's wellness with the world's most nutrient dense ingredients.Tero’s roots (or mycelium, if you will) are in Finland, where he grew up growing and foraging natural foods on his 13th generation family’s farm. He later earned a degree in Chemistry, Business, and a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition at Cornell University. In 2012, Tero founded Four Sigmatic with the dream of bringing a little Everyday Magic™ to the lives of all.
An expert in all things related to nutrition, health, and wellness. Tero is the author of two best-selling books: Healing Mushrooms, an educational cookbook from Avery Publishing, and Santa Sold Shrooms, a children's book for adults about the magical origins of Santa Claus. He is currently writing his next book with Hay House Publishing.
A few of my favorite things we cover this episode:
- Tero’s diverse background in in nutrition, health and wellness and how Four Sigmatic came to be
- Breaking down what an adaptogen is and the immense benefits they hold
- The different ways we can utilize natural herbs and adaptogens
- The subject of quality of our ingredients and foods
- The difference between psychedelics and adaptogens when it comes to mushrooms
- The ancient traditions and stories surrounding the origins of Santa Claus
- Tero’s favorite Four Sigmatic products that he utilizes
- How Tero relates to The Art of Being Well
Links to things we talked about in this episode:
- Four Sigmatic Website
- Tero’s Book: Healing Mushrooms
- Tero’s Book: Santa Sold Shroom
- Four Sigmatic Mushroom Cacao with Reishi
- Superfood Skincare Routine
- Four Sigmatic Probiotic Coffee
- www.piquetea.com with code WILLCOLE for 5% off site-wide plus free shipping when you purchase a bundle
- www.oseamalibu.com with code WILLCOLE for 10% off your first order
- www.ModernFertility.com/willcole for $20 off your fertility test
- www.athleticgreens.com/willcole for your free year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today
Happy listening and we hope you learned a little bit more about the art of being well!
If you like what you hear please rate and review the podcast, hit subscribe, and pass it along to a friend.
Dr. Will Cole
Start Your Health Journey Today
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE CONSULTATIONS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
View More At Our Store
Purchase personally curated supplements
and Dr. Will Cole’s books!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Our content may include products that have been independently chosen and recommended by Dr. Will Cole and our editors. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.
BY DR. WILL COLE
Dr. Will Cole, DNM, IFMCP, DC is a leading functional medicine expert who consults people around the globe, starting one of the first functional medicine telehealth centers in the world. Named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the nation, Dr. Will Cole provides a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. He is the host of the popular The Art Of Being Well podcast and the New York Times bestselling author of Intuitive Fasting, Ketotarian, The Inflammation Spectrum and the brand new book Gut Feelings: Healing the Shame-Fueled Relationship Between What You Eat and How You Feel.