Dr. Terry Wahls: The Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions
Click An Icon Below To Subscribe
9 cups of vegetables a day keeps the doctor away?! In this fascinating episode, I sit down with my good friend, colleague and professor at the University of Iowa, Dr. Terry Wahls. Taking back her health and life from the autoimmune condition, multiple sclerosis, Dr. Wahls was able to reverse her symptoms through the power of food and functional medicine. Through her research and clinical trials, she was able to begin revolutionizing the way her patient’s regain agency over their health. Learn how you can begin to heal your gut, support microbiome diversity, calm inflammation and support brain health with key nutrient-dense food medicines and supplements to focus on. Discover how important it is to start implementing the specific lifestyle changes that Dr. Wahls has shown to be very effective in her clinical trials.
Dr. Terry Wahls is a professor at the University of Iowa where she conducts clinical trials testing the efficacy of diet lifestyle to treat multiple sclerosis and is the author of The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles. Pick up a one-page handout for the Wahls™ Diet at https://terrywahls.com/diet/
A few of my favorite things we cover this episode:
- The incredible backstory surrounding Dr. Wahl’s MS journey and how functional medicine helped reverse her symptoms
- Some of the key takeaways from The Wahls Protocol diet and how to cleanse your own dietary habits
- Some of Dr. Wahls' favorite nutrient-dense recipes and how you can start implementing these foods into your diet
- How your stool can help identify key nutrients that your body is lacking or oversupplying
- How to handle accidental exposures to certain foods that trouble your immune system
Links to things we talked about in this episode:
- Dr. Wahl's Website
- The Wahls Protocol
- The Angel and the Assassin
- The End of Alzheimers
- www.Athleticgreens.com/willcole for your free 1 year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
- www.HigherDOSE.com/will with code WILL75 to get $75 off your PEMF Mat or Infrared Sauna Blanket today.
- www.Trybite.com/WILLCOLE for 20% off your first subscription order.
- www.Piquetea.com/WILLCOLE for 5% off site-wide plus free shipping.
Happy listening and we hope you learned a little bit more about the art of being well!
If you like what you hear please rate and review the podcast, hit subscribe, and pass it along to a friend.
Dr. Will Cole
Make Your Life a Cleanse
SUBSCRIBER-ONLY GUIDES FOR GUT HEALTH, VIBRANT ENERGY, HEALTHY FOOD & CLEAN ALCOHOL
Get FREE access to these + giveaways, recipes, & discount codes (including 50% off code for video courses) in personal emails from Dr. Will Cole
Start Your Health Journey Today
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE CONSULTATIONS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
View More At Our Store
Purchase personally curated supplements
and Dr. Will Cole’s books!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Our content may include products that have been independently chosen and recommended by Dr. Will Cole and our editors. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.
BY DR. WILL COLE
Dr. Will Cole, DNM, IFMCP, DC is a leading functional medicine expert who consults people around the globe, starting one of the first functional medicine telehealth centers in the world. Named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the nation, Dr. Will Cole provides a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. He is the host of the popular The Art Of Being Well podcast and the New York Times bestselling author of Intuitive Fasting, Ketotarian, The Inflammation Spectrum and the brand new book Gut Feelings: Healing the Shame-Fueled Relationship Between What You Eat and How You Feel.