Chef Seizan Dreux Ellis: Restoring Your Gut-Feeling Connection With Delicious Food
Click An Icon Below To Subscribe
In this episode, I am joined by Soto Zen Buddhist and Executive Chef, Seizan Dreux Ellis. After spending 8 years in Venice, Italy apprenticing in kitchens, Dreux returned to San Francisco with a mission to bring his health-based, flavor driven cuisine to a wider audience and soon began working for the renowned plant-based restaurant, Café Gratitude. From the journey of finding Zen Buddhism and its connection to diet, to the healing powers of affirmations, plant-based eating, and restoring a damaged mind-body connection, this episode will show you exactly how to achieve the vibrant wellness you deserve by using food as medicine. Plus, at the end of the episode, we disclose our exciting collaborated project that is finally here - The Gut Feelings by Dr. Will Cole limited-edition menu, available at all Café Gratitude locations in Southern California! Find your nearest Café Gratitude location and check out the menu: www.cafegratitude.com
Chef Seizan Dreux Ellis oversees the development and execution of the organic, plant-based menu at all Café Gratitude restaurants in Southern California. After spending 8 years in Venice, Italy apprenticing in kitchens both great and small, Dreux returned to San Francisco, working as Executive Chef for the original Café Gratitude restaurants for 4 years before moving to Los Angeles as Corporate Chef of Café Gratitude in Southern California, bringing his health-based, flavor driven cuisine to a wider audience. In 2017, Seizan received lay ordination in the Soto Zen lineage of Shunryu Suzuki Roshi at the San Francisco Zen Center where continues his Buddhist practice.
A few of my favorite things we cover in this episode:
- The Zen Buddhist origins of Chef Seizan Dreux Ellis’ name
- The journey of finding Zen Buddhism + how it differs from other Buddhist philosophies
- Benefits of a plant-based diet
- Origins of Cafe Gratitude
- Healthiest sources of plant-based protein
- How to start incorporating more plant-based meals into your diet
- The genesis of Cafe Gratitude’s infamous affirmations for menu items
- The power of affirmations and positive self talk
- Everything you need to know about the Gut Feelings by Dr. Will Cole limited-edition menu at Cafe Gratitude
Links to things we talked about in this episode:
- Use promo code “Cole5” for $5 Off for all New Users. Try the all new Protein Plates at your local Sweetgreen or in the Sweetgreen app.
- Go to boncharge.com/WILLCOLE and use coupon code WILLCOLE to save 15%.
- Try AG1 and get a FREE 1-year supply of Vitamin D3+K2 AND 5 free AG1 Travel Packs with your first purchase exclusively at drinkAG1.com/willcole.
- Get twenty percent off all IQBAR products, plus get FREE shipping. To get your twenty percent off, just text ABW to 64000. Message and data rates may apply. See terms for details.
- Get 30% off your first product order or subscription exclusively on Biosil.beauty with code ‘drwillcole’.
- Stop wasting money on things you don’t use. Cancel your unwanted subscriptions by going to RocketMoney.com/willcole.
Happy listening and we hope you learned a little bit more about the art of being well!
If you like what you hear please rate and review the podcast, hit subscribe, and pass it along to a friend.
Dr. Will Cole
Make Your Life a Cleanse
SUBSCRIBER-ONLY GUIDES FOR GUT HEALTH, VIBRANT ENERGY, HEALTHY FOOD & CLEAN ALCOHOL
Get FREE access to these + giveaways, recipes, & discount codes in personal emails from Dr. Will Cole.
Start Your Health Journey Today
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE CONSULTATIONS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
View More At Our Store
Purchase personally curated supplements
and Dr. Will Cole’s books!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Our content may include products that have been independently chosen and recommended by Dr. Will Cole and our editors. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.
BY DR. WILL COLE
Dr. Will Cole, DNM, IFMCP, DC is a leading functional medicine expert who consults people around the globe, starting one of the first functional medicine telehealth centers in the world. Named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the nation, Dr. Will Cole provides a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. He is the host of the popular The Art Of Being Well podcast and the New York Times bestselling author of Intuitive Fasting, Ketotarian, The Inflammation Spectrum and the brand new book Gut Feelings: Healing the Shame-Fueled Relationship Between What You Eat and How You Feel.